Friday, May 6, 2011

The Beginning of the End

Although the title of this blog post is a bit dramatic, I really couldn't think of one that would be more suitable. As of yesterday, I am done with my semester abroad in terms of academics...officially making me a senior in college. Yikes. I really wish someone could tell me where the last four years have went because I certainly have no idea! As the semester wraps up for everyone at NUIG, people are slowly beginning to leave on both travels and return flights back home. I've said goodbye to two roommates, a few teammates, and many friends over the past week, constantly reminding me that my days here are numbered. My feelings about leaving are mixed; I can't wait to come home to family and friends but I will greatly miss life here in Galway as well. In my last three weeks I will be going on my last travel adventures and then spending time doing things locally that are "must-do's" while abroad. These things include jumping off a pier into Galway Bay, riding a mechanical bull at Coyote's nightclub, attending a traditional song and dance night on Salthill Promenade, and pub/food crawling throughout the city center. The next few weeks are sure to be legendary and mask the impending doom that is my packing situation; I may have come with only one large suitcase and a carry-on but I will certainly be returning home with at least another checked bag. While I knew May 28th would eventually be rounding the corner, it is only this week that I realized how close it actually is as rooms are being cleaned out, suitcases are being lugged down stairs, and hugs, numbers, and tears are being exchanged. Here's to making the next three weeks count to the fullest.


Love and feeling bittersweet,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment