Friday, May 27, 2011

Just One More Plane Ride And It's Done

So here I am on the eve of my departure from Ireland and a semester abroad. I can hardly believe that almost five months has already gone by and I will be back home at this time tomorrow. There are not enough words to describe this experience. It has been unforgettable, exciting, challenging, invigorating and a million other things. I have traveled to eight countries, visited countless cities, and explored nearly the whole of Ireland. I have seen beautiful places, met amazing people, and been able to share the semester with some great new friends. Lucky isn't even the word; I realize not everyone is afforded the opportunity that I was given and that makes me appreciate this experience even more. Ireland has been so good to me, becoming a second home that will be difficult to leave in the morning. But I will board my departure flight with a big smile and the trip of a lifetime behind me. Coming abroad has been the best thing I have ever done for myself as I know I am leaving a little more grown up, with a new sense of independence, and bitten by the travel bug with a fierce desire to see the world. But tomorrow, I think I'll go to Boston...


Love and the experience of a lifetime,
Haley

1 comment: